Testrix U-Loc Precision Cable & Pipe Locator
Built in GPS, graphical display & on-screen guidance
SKU code: U-Loc
With the ability to locate a range of cables and pipes, as well as sewer & drain camera systems, buried up to 10 metres underground, the Testrix U-Loc cable and pipe locator sets a new standard in underground detecting.
The locator (receiver) is constructed from a monoblock ABS, with an IP54 rating, which allows the device to be used in rain and outdoor conditions. The heart of the Testrix U-loc is its large graphical display, which takes much of the guess work out of locating buried cable and pipes by presenting the information in a simple map display, guiding the operator to the location of the buried cable or pipe and also displaying the direction of the utility. When the locate object is centred in the display, current and depth measurements are both automatically displayed on the screen together.
The Testrix U-Loc can be easily utilised to locate in either passive or active modes (a transmitter is required to locate in active modes). Passive modes allow the locator to be used as a standalone instrument to locate live power cables underground without the use of a transmitter. In this mode, the U-Loc locator can display both current and depth of the buried cable.
Additionally, the Testrix U-Loc receiver has a 512Hz sonde frequency, making it a suitable choice for location of Testrix sewer and drain camera systems, as well as other brands using a 512Hz transmitting sonde in the camera head. To facilitate the location of different services, should a transmitter be added later, the Testrix U-Loc is equipped with a number of low, medium and a higher frequencies.
The Testrix U-Loc locator is also equipped with in-built GPS which is able to save GPS data points and logs on demand and can work with both GPS and GLONASS systems. The memory is able to store up to 2,300 data points, which can be downloaded to a PC via the included Testrix Map software. This allows you to add the GPS and data to Google maps for presenting survey reports to clients.
A number of locate modes are designed to make pinpointing underground services faster and easier for the operator. These modes encompass peak and null modes of operation, with graphic displays to aid with pinpointing of buried cables and pipes, even in congested infrastructure where there are multiple signals and locating becomes more complex. Additionally, the operator has the option of enabling on screen messaging which will display on screen guidance to the operator, removing some of the guess work out of locating (please note that a transmitter is required for some of these features to work).
The Testrix U-Loc is supplied with a PC software, USB cable and user manual in a carry bag. For full functrtionality, please see the Testrix U-Loc Kit.
- Advanced features and technology for locating more services accurately
- Receiver with graphical display and multiple operation modes including Peak & Null (Max/Min)
- 512Hz sonde mode for locating in non-metal services or pinpointing sewer cameras underground
- In built GPS and memory stores up to 2,300 measurement points on demand
- Can be paired with our 20-watt transmitter which provides a stronger signal for longer and deeper locating of more services up to 10 metres deep
- Automatic depth and current measurement with no user intervention
- Various modes for easier pinpointing of services
- Current Direction for locating single cables within congested areas (transmitter required)
- On screen guidance messages for simpler locating
- GPS accuracy of approximately +/- 1.5 metres
- Included PC software (Testrix Map) for downloading to PC and generating survey maps
- Multiple frequencies (50Hz, 100Hz, 512Hz, 1kHz, 8khz, 33kHz)
- Passive and active modes
- IP54 dust and water protection rating
Please satisfy yourself that you only require the receiver, which is suitable for drain & sewer camera locating, 512Hz sonde locating, and location of live power cables (which must be carrying current). For location of all other services, the U-Loc kit is recommended.